Go-To Garden Reference Guide
Madison, OH (October 2, 2014) – Garden-pedia: an A-to-Z Guide to Gardening Terms (St. Lynn’s Press, 2015) is a new kind of garden reference guide: an A-to-Z tool that cuts through confusing “hort-speak” terminology with simple explanations and high graphic appeal.
Do you know the difference between hardpan and hardening-off? Between a native and a nativar? A cold frame and a cloche? Do you wish a book existed that explains in simple English what gardening terms mean so you can be a knowledgeable gardener? Veteran horticulturists Maria Zampini and Pamela Bennett have done just that!
- Most garden dictionaries are too academic for the home gardener’s needs, have too few illustrations and make for dull, dry reading. Garden-pedia is unique in its conversational style and its photo- and graphics-rich format.
- Garden terms change with the times and can be confusing to the layman gardener. Garden-pedia is the most up-to-date reference on the market today.
- The 20-30 something new gardener who appreciates concise, visually appealing information.
- The experienced gardener who wants a handy, up-to-date reference guide.
- Green industry professionals including wholesale growers, retailers, landscape businesses and others.
- Master gardener volunteers and garden club members nationwide.
- Friends and relatives looking for the ideal gift book for the gardener in their lives.
Garden-pedia will be available in retail garden centers, gift stores and bookstores nationwide starting January 2015. Paperback list price is $16.95. Book size is 6″ x 7″, making a perfect pocket reference pick.
Visit Amazon to pre-order your copy today! Credit card payments will be processed when the book ships out. Wholesale orders are available through St. Lynn’s Press book sales division. We would love it if you can take the time to read Garden-pedia and post your personal review on Amazon.
indiebound.org (independent bookstores)
For a review copy, contact St. Lynn’s Press today.
DON’T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
“Finally, a guide to gardening that breaks down some of the most confusing terms to everyday speak. My kinda book! All you need for a casual and ready reference to some of the most important terms every gardener should know.”
– Joe Lamp’l, Executive Producer & Host: Growing a Greener World®
BOOK PAM OR MARIA TODAY
Pam and Maria are available for book signings, presentations, speaking engagements and radio appearances. Be forward thinking and book your event today!
About Maria Zampini
Maria is President of UpShoot, LLC – a boutique horticulture marketing firm focusing on new plant introductions and gardening related products. She is also the Director of Plant Development for the HGTV HOME Plant Collection. Maria writes for green industry trade journals and consumer magazines such as Nursery Management, Garden Center and State-by-State gardening magazines. Her speaking topics include new plant introductions, sustainability, native plants, plant patents and trademarks. Contact Maria at 440.812.3249 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About St. Lynn’s Press
St. Lynn’s Press offers books that speak to living in harmony with the whole of life. Our publications are printed on recycled papers with environmentally-friendly inks and technologies that support sustainability. For additional information, please contact us by phone 412.381.9933, fax 412.381.9935 or visit our website: www.stlynnspress.com.