Double Flowering Cherry
Prunus x ‘Extrazam’
Va Va Va Bloom!
Growers already producing this spring bloomin’ beauty are selling out!
We anticipate the demand to increase and repeat sales to continue as Weeping Extraordinaire is featured in the Nov/Dec Horticulture Magazine cover story ‘Plants We Love – 2015 New Varieties’!
- Attracts beneficials to the garden
- Better disease and cold resistance
- Looks like a ‘Kwanzan’, but with a weeping habit
- Three seasons of interest provides multiple sales opportunities:
- Large, frilly, double pink flowers in the spring
- New growth is copper red followed by hunter green foliage
- Burgundy fall foliage holds longer than other weeping cherries
- Graftwood is available December to March.
Supply is limited, so order early!
- We recommend grafting as you would any cherry.
– For a balanced head, when the graft reaches
6 inches cut off 2/3 of the new growth.
– Let flush a second time.
– When it reaches 6 inches again, cut off 2/3 of
- Easily grown as a container or B&B tree.